The open Home Automation Bus (openHAB) project is an open source integration platform for home automation. I was working on setting up the openHAB server at Rasp Pi. The setup process seemed to be scattered around. So I decided to note down the steps below.
The setup below works on Raspberry Pi Rev-B board with hard-float Raspberryian OS.
- To install hard-float Raspberryian OS, use this link.
- JVM >=1.6 is needed. Use this link if not already present.
- Download openhab-runtime. Unzip it in /opt/openhab
- Download openhab-demo-configuration. Unzip and put the contents of this folder to /opt/openhab/configurations. Make sure you do not remove other files that were already existing in the /opt/openhab/configurations directory (openhab_default.cfg etc.)
- Go to /opt/openhab. Run start.sh
- Your openHAB server should be up and running now.
- Test it in the browser http://localhost:8080/openhab.app?sitemap=demo
- Or if you are doing SSH to Rasp-Pi like me, replace localhost with the IP-address of the Pi.